Drucker was one of the first organizational thinkers who took non-profit enterprises seriously — and recognized two things about them:
- Their impact on the nation’s quality of life is huge and growing;
- They need effective management at least as much as business enterprises do.
As a result, his books are generally equally useful to leaders of both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations — and one classic is devoted to non-profits alone. Drucker wrote over 30 books, but here are a four you may especially wish to consider:
- Managing in the Next Society (2002)
- Management Challenges for the 21st Century (1999)
- Managing the Nonprofit Organization (XXXX)
- The Effective Executive (XXXX)
No doubt we’ll discuss some of their contents more in future issues of The Catholic Leader.
Copyright © 2006 Yeshua Catholic International Leadership Institute, 208 E. North St., Durand, IL 61024. Any part of this newsletter may be reproduced so long as there is full attribution, our web site is listed, and any electronic reproduction includes a link to our site: http://www.yeshualeader.com.