Anybody can spare 10 minutes, right?
Well, yes. But not always immediately.
That’s why the Yeshua Institute is making its recent series of live webcasts available on video and on demand. The series is called Hang 10: Crisis Leadership for Christians.
“Pick any of the 19 episodes you think might help you and watch them when it’s convient,” says Dr. Owen Phelps, Director of the Yeshua Institute.
The various webcasts feature six different presenters who all have one thing in common – they’re all active Christian Catholics who are very experienced leading in times of crisis.
The webcast are all free and just one click away. Just click on the title and enjoy the show.
- Keeping the Wheels from Falling Off in Times of Crisis, Part 1 -- Dr. Owen Phelps discusses the basics of being a Jesus-like Leader by being a good servant, steward and shepherd.
- Keeping the Wheels from Falling Off in Times of Crisis, Part 2 – Dr. Lisa Bald and Dr. Owen Phelps discuss the importance of staying grounded spiritually and relying of the gift of faith in the midst of crisis.
- Communication Issues When You’re Working from Home and Leading from Home -- Dr. Owen Phelps discusses how to address the kinds of issues that can come up at home and on the job when you’re trying to work from home.
- Leading with Integrity, Vision and Courageous Vulnerability -- Tom Dahlborg, a healthcare professional for over 25 years, shares some characteristics that are essential for leaders, especially in crisis situations.
- At the Foot of the Cross – Dr. Lisa Bald shares a Good Friday meditation to help people focus on how to fulfill their proper role as leaders and disciples.
- Life-threatening Challenges Bring Easter Promise to the Fore – Dr. Owen Phelps revisits three Easter Sunday challenges – including his own emergency bypass surgery -- to remind us of the importance of Jesus’ Easter promise.
- How a Servant Leader Can Develop New Habits – Dave Coe, a veteran crisis leader and certified Yeshua Facilitator, says challenging times are opportunities to redeem the time given to us by refocusing, recalibrating and recommitting ourselves to Christ as His Servant Leaders.
- It All Begins With Respect: 7 Strategies for Leaders in Crisis – Veteran leadership teacher Chris Urbanowski outlines seven things leaders can do to be more effective in difficult times and situations.
- How to Handle a Boss Who Relies on Intimidation -- Dick Kunnert, a leader with vast experience in the menta health field, talks about how to keep a toxic boss from poisoning teams and adversely affecting patients.
- Tips from a Homeschooling Pro – Dr. Lisa Bald, a professional educator for over 25 years who also homeschooled her three sons, offers some tips to those who are trying to help their children continue learning when schools are closed.
- Parish Challenges Part I: Keeping Evangelization Efforts Alive -- Penny Wiegert, Director of Communications & Publications for the Diocese of Rockford, shares ways parishes are continuing to reach out and engage their members even when churches are closed and all but emergency sacramental services are suspended.
- Parish Challenges, Part 2: Keeping Afloat Financially -- Penny Wiegert, Director of Communications & Publications for the Diocese of Rockford, shares strategies parishes are using to attract revenues even when all of the in-person operations are shut down.
- Earth Day’s 50th anniversary: Laudato Si, Pope Francis – Dr, Owen Phelps acknowledges two important milestones highlighting humanity’s relationship to the Earth and Pope Francis’ teaching that how we interact with our natural environment is a critical discipleship issue.
- Leading with Agility and the Importance of Hope – Veteran health care leader Tom Dahlborg draws on his experience in the field to discuss the importance of being an agile leader who is animated by hope.
- Concrete Steps We Can Take to Enhance our Life-Giving Environment – Dr. Lisa Bald and Dr. Owen Phelps mark Arbor Day and address the most serious crisis facing humanity by describing ways we can all help improve our physical environment to help assure it can continue to sustain life.
- Five Tips to Make Yourself More Resilient in Times of Crisis – Dr. Owen Phelps builds on Tom Dahlborg’s webast on the importance of leading with agility by outlining ways leaders can build their resilience in times of crisis.
- We All Have Decision-Making Biases: How to Mitigate Them – Dr. Owen Phelps reviews nine of the most common biases that adversely affect the quality of leaders’ decision-making and suggests ways to offset them.
- Why Humility is the Best Crisis Leadership Mindset – Dr. Owen Phelps explains what humility really is and why it is such an essential trait for effective leaders to nurture, citing research in the business world that affirms Jesus’ teaching.
- How Can You Grow When You’re Stuck at Home? – Dr. Owen Phelps outlines various practical strategies and tactics that people who are working at home can use to continue increasing their leadership and other skills while they are quarantined.